CovertHart :: Careers > Security Analyst
Careers > Security Analyst
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced Security Analyst to join the Miami team, helping to deliver network and security services to customers worldwide. This is a unique opportunity to build and evolve in a fast growing company and super agile environment.
This is an advanced hands-on engineer role that requires the candidate to be able to perform detailed work of INFOSEC systems, with heavy focus on SIEM technology. It will require advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills, and will require the candidate to assist in delivery and ongoing architecture review for all current customers. This role will work very closely with the Security Operations Manager to ensure that systems are properly scoped, implemented and ensure that ongoing operation is meeting customer requirements.
The candidate will be able to provide prescriptive guidance on system implementations, identifying security issues, current data collection practices, incident response activities and corrective actions.
- Plan, discuss and implement SIEM and other tools for customer environments
- Designs key security processes and initiatives with minimal technical direction.
- Collaborates with appropriate customers and peers to understand business requirements and define secure requirements and/or solutions.
- Researches and provides input to customer and internal security strategy
- Takes initiative and drives assignments to completion. Monitors progress of self and others and redirects efforts or asks for help when goals are not being met.
- Product training and certifications provided
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor of Science degree in a science, technology, engineering
or math discipline. Information Security disciplines a plus. Candidates
with equivalent years of experience will also be considered.
- 2-7+ years’ experience in Security or Infrastructure field
- Experience with an industry-proven SIEM platform, including implementation and data source configurations.
- Strong technical capabilities on Server operating systems, including Windows
and Linux and extremely strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Experience with vulnerability management, and intrusion detection systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with advanced networking configurations on firewalls, routers,
switches, etc. Check Point and Cisco ASA experience a plus.
- Certifications in security and/or network specific preferred – CISSP, Security+, Vendor Certs, etc.
- Display an understanding of new trends and technologies related to IT Security and Compliance.
- Knowledge in key areas such as: Endpoint Security, IDS, IPS, VPN, Remote Access,
Security Logging, Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response,
- Knowledge of DNS usage in corporate environments, from the endpoint up through global usage.
- Additional security expertise in endpoint security, including: Anti-Virus
protection, desktop encryption, device management, patching, etc.
- Solid understanding and discipline in following processes and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify issues in technologies or process deficiencies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with networking concepts, protocols, and services.
- Working knowledge and experience in setup, maintenance, and security of all current operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain utmost confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, with technical and non-technical persons.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.